Tuesday 3 February 2015

Practice That Tuesday

Good afternoon,

Today was once again about getting into some regular routines. We are still practising our morning greetings to you in Gaelic...
"Dia duit" It means "God be with you" in Gaelic. It's pronounced "dee-a gwitch".

The response is "Dia 'is Muire duit" ("God and Mary be with you"). It is pronounced "dee-a issmera gwitch".
...and Maori.
"Tena koutou Mums and Children (and Dads), ma Te Atua koe e manaaki" ("Hello Mums and Children (and Dads) and God bless you".)

The response is "Tena koutou Rooma Rua, ma Te Atua koe e manaaki" ("Hello Room 2 and God bless you.")
Then we troop inside for our morning affirmation.
I am a responsible, respectful Room 2 learner. I live my faith every day.

I am responsible. I do my best, I do the right thing, I do what I say and I make things right.

I am respectful. I am polite and I treat others as I would like them to treat me.

I am a Room 2 learner. I do my best and I keep going even when it’s hard.

I live my faith. I look after me, I look after you, I look after OLA and all of Room 2.
We also practised what what Mr Grant means by buddy reading.






Basically "We share a book and I read a page and you listen, then you read a page and I listen."

After lunch and some Rutherford Team singing in Room 11, Room 2 ended the day practising small ball skills outside.

And a good time was had by all.

See you in the morning,

Mr Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment